Baseball Field Refubishment
Turf Drain Australia completed the refurbishment of Flat Rock Baseball Field, at Naremburn, during October and November ’16.
A brief scope of works was;
- Eliminate the existing turf grass cover of the outfield, using a glyphosate based herbicide, and then incorporate into the existing soil profile.
- Cultivation and bulk laser shaping of the outfield, using our specialised and purpose built equipment, to create a smooth and even sports field surface.
- Baseball Diamond works comprised of renewing the sand base paths, home plate and pitcher’s mound.
- The infield area was renovated and returfed in the small areas that required it.
- New synthetic grass was supplied and laid in front of the two dugouts.
- A new sub-surface, fully automatic, sports field irrigation system was installed by Council.
- Turf Drain Australia installed our sports field slit drainage system, comprising of sand and gravel, to create a perched water table within all of our slit drainage trenches.
- We then completed a final laser trim, prior to turfing.
- New turf was supplied and laid, by Council.
- Turf establishment was completed by Council.
The project was finished on time, and on budget.
Turf Drain Australia would like to thank Willoughby City Council for their co-operation and co-ordination in completing this project.