Turf Drain Australia has recently completed the sports field reconstruction works that were undertaken at Mackey Park, Marrickville.
The scope of works involved the following:
- The total area of works was 3.2ha.
- We commenced with the incorporation of the existing Sportsfield surface into the in-situ profile.
- The installation of a new sports field lighting system
- The installation of a sub-surface irrigation system, fed from the wetland treatment process that was also part of the scope of works.
- The supply, installation and laser grading of 13,500 tonnes of growing medium to cap the contaminated soil site with an even cover of new growing medium.
- The installation of a sub-soil slit drainage system to the entire Sportsfield area that was captured and harvested for reuse in the wetland and media filter system.
- Supply, deliver and lay 32,000m2 of Conquest Couch.
- Construction of a wetland area that feeds a media filter system that then feeds this water back to the 80,000 litre irrigation storage tanks for re-use in Sportsfield irrigation.
The site consisted of contaminated soil and water in some areas that required specialised management systems. Air, soil and water monitoring was in constant operation during these construction works. Due to the implementation of our systems and procedures the site works were completed without any problem or concern. Our major problem during these works was the weather and we incurred seven weeks of wet days during this contract.
Project works commenced on 5th July 2010 with the official park opening by Anthony Albanese MP on 10th December 2010 and Practical Completion was achieved on 16th December 2010.
Turf Drain Australia would like to thank Marrickville Council for their assistance in the completion of these works and we look forward to being able to complete future projects on time and on budget as we did at Mackey Park.