Cricket Wicket Tables and Bowling Greens are constructed using a variety of profile materials, wicket soils, laser leveling and compaction techniques.Enquire
Turf Drain Australia have developed specialised methods and procedures to construct hard, consistent and even playing turf wicket surfaces throughout Australia, in both professional arenas and grass roots profiles.
Turf Drain Australia developed techniques for turf wicket construction that have been successfully tried and tested over many years. We have constructed turf wickets for school, club and grade cricket through to wickets for state and international cricket.
Constructing a turf wicket table – the Turf Drain Australia way.
- Excavation of the sub-grade to a depth of 250mm from the existing surface for the area of the wicket.
- Compaction and laser grading of the sub-base to match the finished surface grade – correct compaction is critical.
- Installation of a plinth around the wicket to prevent the wicket soil moving laterally when compacted.
- A “geo-fabric” cloth is placed over the surface of the sub-base.
- Installation of a 50mm layer of coarse sand, laser graded to a close tolerance to match the finished surface.
- Drainage is installed outside of the wicket square, draining to existing stormwater.
- Selected wicket soil is carefully spread, compacted and laser graded in layers until the final level is achieved.
- The wicket table is blended into the surrounding area and prepared for grassing.
we can do
Whether you have a question, need to discuss your options or want to learn
more about what we can offer you, simply contact us below.